Lemon Drizzle Cake
one part unsalted butter
one part caster sugar
one part flour
eggs – if about 2 and a little shot glass amount* of above then 2 eggs
half a medium sized lemon
for the icing – one part lemon juice and two parts caster sugar
1. Heat oven. Somewhere just a little over 150C.
2. Microwave butter for 20 seconds.
3. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs. And then flour and lemon zest.
4. Cover all of the inside of a small Pyrex deep dish with baking paper. Pour the cake mix into Pyrex.
5. Bake for around 35 minutes. Or occasionally poke the middle with a toothpick. If nothing sticks then it’s probably done. Take it out of the oven.
6. While cake is cooling, stir lemon juice and caster sugar. And pour as much of this as you want on the cake.
7. Eat now or later.
*120ml or so?