Orange Scone and Chocolate Dip
2 mandarins or 1 orange
100mL dark brown soft sugar
400mL self rising flour
5g baking powder
300mL soda water
100mL whole milk
pinch of salt
1. Heat oven to 200’C.
2. Mix orange zest and sugar. Leave aside.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Leave aside.
4. Mix soda water and milk. Leave aside.
5. Combine the orange mixture with dry mixture.
6. Add small amounts of the liquid and mix using a knife.
7. On the baking tray make six even portions. Bake for 15minutes.
50mL hot chocolate powder
30mL water (or leftover soda water and milk mix from scone)
150g icing sugar, maybe more
drop of vanilla extract
1. Dissolve hot chocolate powder in water.
2. Mix in butter and vanilla extract.
3. Add sugar until icing reaches desired texture.
4. Mix in warm water or milk if icing thickens.